Confirmation of your Dermaplaning Appointment
Please find the info on how to prepare for your appointment below!
***Please keep in mind I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Cancelling with less than 24 hours notice will result in non-refundable cancellation charge of 100% of the cost of the appointment booked.***
MV Beauty Lab is located inside THE BEAUTY ROOM at 1059 Upper James St, Hamilton, ON, L9C 3A6
There is onsite parking in the front and more in the back if it is full.
Phone Number: 289-697-5003
Payment: I accept debit, credit and cash (no tax on cash)
Information on your appointment below:
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a skin resurfacing procedure used to give the skin a smoother appearance, removes vellus facail hair and allows product to penetrate more easily into the skin. It uses a blade to remove the top layer of the skin.
By aiming a sterile blade at a 45-degree angle and dragging it slowly across the skin, it removes dead cells, scar tissue, and other debris that may be making your skin's surface look uneven.
• Please let your skincare specialist know if you are on any medications (topical and/or oral), have any
medical conditions, or are being treated by a physician for any conditions.
• Let your skincare specialist know if you have been diagnosed with cold sores or Herpes simplex.
• No shaving, peels, waxing, or aggressive exfoliations one week prior to Dermaplaningtreatments.
• You should wait 7 days after receiving Botox or Dermal Fillers to receive Dermaplaningtreatments.
There is no pain or discomfort during the Dermaplaning procedure. It is best to relax and allow the skincare specialist to move and manipulate the position of your head and face.
Try to remain still. There is no gum chewing allowed during the treatment and talking will be restricted by your skincare specialist at certain key times during the treatment.
Post Treatment Instructions
• Wash your face with a gentle, acid free cleanser, tepid water, and avoid topical products that contain alpha orbeta hydroxy acids, retinols or Retin A for approximately 72 hours or longer. If irritation occurs after applying the above products, wait a few more days to allow your skin to heal. Under no circumstances should you use a product that abrades the skin within that 72-
hour period (scrubs), nor should you submerge the treated area in chlorinated poolor hot tub for the next 3 to 5 days
• Avoid sun exposure as much as possible for a minimum of 3 days post treatment. If you must be in the sun, apply SPF 40 or greater, reapply often, wear a wide brimmed hat, and seek shade when possible.
• Be careful of sun exposure and wear sunscreen daily for 2 weeks.
• Avoid excessive heat 3 days post treatment, i.e. heavy workouts, steam rooms or saunas, etc.
• Avoid chlorine for 24 hours.
• Avoid facial waxing for 7 days.
• Avoid Dermal Fillers or Botox for 2 to 4 weeks based on area.
• Do not pick, scratch, or aggressively rub the treated area.
• No scrubs, polishers, or aggressive brushes should be used for 7 to 14 days.
• Do apply serums as absorption levels will be elevated
• You may experience slight peeling for the first few days. Slight windburn sensation and/orblotchiness are normal for the first few days. Skin care products may tingle or slightly burn for the first 2 days.
For best results, Dermaplaning treatments are recommended every 3-5 weeks.