Microneedling Treatment Confirmation
Please find all info on how to prepare for your appointment below!
***Please keep in mind I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Cancelling with less than 24 hours notice will result in non-refundable cancellation charge of 100% of the cost of the appointment booked.***
MV Beauty Lab is located inside THE BEAUTY ROOM at 1059 Upper James St, Hamilton, ON, L9C 3A6
There is onsite parking in the front and more in the back if it is full.
Phone Number: 289-697-5003
Payment: I accept debit, credit and cash (no tax on cash)
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is a proceedure where we use the SkinPen with small needles to prick the skin. The purpose of treatment is to generate new collagen and skin tissue for smoother, firmer, more toned skin. Microneedling is mostly used on the face and may treat acne and other scars, wrinkles, and large pores.
It causes controlled micro-injuries that stimulate your body’s natural wound healing process, while minimizing cellular damage. The result is effective remodeling of scar tissue, while keeping the overall structure of the skin intact.
There are three phases to the wound-repair process:
- Phase I: Inflammation. Piercing the skin triggers your immune system to disinfect the wounds, remove debris, increase blood flow and begin to create new tissue. We use a hyaluronic acid serum during the facial to enhance results.
- Phase II: Proliferation. The wound is rebuilt with new granulation cells, which are part of the extracellular matrix. Additionally, a new network of blood vessels develops.
- Phase III: Remodeling. The wound is replaced with new dermal tissues and blood vessels.
- Avoid Accutane in the six months prior to beginning your treatment sessions.
- Do not use topical agents that may increase the sensitivity of your skin such as retinoids, exfoliants, topical antibiotics or acids 5-7 days prior to your treatment.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin, or Advil for at least 3 days prior to your microneedling session. These will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical for your skin rejuvenation.
- Avoid IPL/Laser procedures, unprotected sun exposure, or sunburn for at least 2 weeks prior to your procedure.
- No waxing, depilatory creams, or electrolysis to the area being treated for 5-7 days prior.
- Do not shave the day of the procedure to avoid skin irritation. If there’s dense hair present in the treatment area, shave the day before you arrive for your appointment.
- If you’re prone to cold sores, take an antiviral agent for 2 days prior to and the day of the treatment.
- Avoid blood thinning agents for one week prior because bruising is a common side effect of microneedling.
- Follow the aftercare plan and always wear SPF.
- Change your pillowcase before your sleep the first night as you do not want impurities entering the skin while it's healing.
- Wear a clean mask if necessary!
- No activities that include sweating for the first 48 hours - that means go to the gym before your appointment.
- Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications for one week after the procedure.
- Do not use ice on your face, and avoid using arnica/bromelain. These may interfere with the natural inflammatory process that’s critical for your skin rejuvenation.
- Avoid sun tanning and prolonged exposure to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks. After 24 hours, always use sunblock (30 SPF or higher) and wear a hat if you’re outside.
- Use a painkiller, such as Tylenol, if you experience any soreness.
The Healing Process: What to Expect After a Microneedling Treatment
A sunburn-like effect is normal. Your skin may feel tight, dry or sensitive to touch. Treat the skin gently by washing it with a gentle cleanser, cool water, and using only your hands to pat dry no earlier than 4 hours after treatment.
Some redness may also be present and in some cases, patients may experience slight bruising that can last for 5-7 days and temporary swelling for 2-4 days.
- Avoid strenuous exercises that cause sweating as well as jacuzzis, saunas, and steam baths for up to 48 hours.
- Use only mineral makeup after 24 hours.
- Sleep on your back with the head of the bed elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed.
Peeling may start 3-5 days after the treatment. You’ll notice skin dryness and flaking which is due to an increased turnover of skin cells. DO NOT pick, scratch, or scrub at treated skin!
Important information: You must allow the old skin to flake off naturally and keep it moisturized at all times. Talk to your skin specialist about which products to use.
You may start your regular skin care products again, once your skin no longer feels irritated. Most of our patients have noticed continued skin improvement over the months following their last treatment.
For best results: We recommend follow-up and repeat microneedling treatments every 4-6 weeks, with a series of 3-5 treatments depending on your personalized care plan.