Spray Tan Appointment Confirmation
Please find the info on how to prepare for your appointment below!
***Please keep in mind I have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Cancelling with less than 24 hours notice will result in non-refundable cancellation charge of 50% of the cost of the appointment booked.***
MV Beauty Lab is located inside Fourth Avenue Med Spa at 670 Upper James St, Hamilton, ON L9C 2Z3
There is onsite parking.
Phone Number: 289-697-5003
Some tips to make the most of your spray tan appointment:
1. Shower and exfoliate your face and body. Ideally, this should be done a minimum of 24 hours before your spray tan or the night before. We suggest using a loofah or a dry brush. Avoid bar soap as it can cause streaking on your skin.
2. Do not use oil based products or lotions. It is best to not use oil-based exfoliates or lotions prior as they can block the tanning process, leaving a residue between your skin and the tanning solution.
3. Do all hair removal 48 hours before. For best results, please wax or shave at least one day before your spray tanning session so the follicles have time to close to avoid irritation
4. Wear dark, loose fitting clothing after the session. It is best not to wear white for your spray tanning session or anything that clings to the skin and will remove the tan before it develops.
5. What to wear during your tan: some clients choose to go nude and some wear underwear or a swimsuit during their spray tan. Please note that whatever you wear, you will have tan-lines.
6. Your palms, feet, lips, cuticles, and elbows will be carefully prepped with barrier lotions and oils to prevent any unnatural colouring. Please advise if you have any allergies.
7. As you are being spray tanned, you’ll be instructed to move into a few easy poses to ensure perfect coverage, following the natural lines and composition of your body.
*NEW* COVID GUIDELINES:
If you arrive more than 5 minutes before your appointment please wait in your vehicle to continue social distancing etiquette. Check in with reception 5 minutes before your appointment to ensure you get the most of your spray tan appointment!
Please wear a mask before entering the spray tan. This is for the safety of everyone in the spa, I will continue to wear one during your service.
For the first 12 hours after your spray tan avoid any activity that would result in sweating.
Do not shower for at least 8 hours. During this time scrub your palms only when washing your hands. Do not rest your fingertips on your face or body, and limit skin-to-skin physical contact with others to avoid colour transfer.
Once the tan is washed off it will continue to develop slightly darker over the next day.
Pat your skin dry after showering (use a dark towel after your first shower) and avoid any excessive rubbing with the towel.
If you sleep in your spray tan before showering it off it can transfer to your sheets. Wash them the next day and the tan will come out. But as an avid spray tanner myself, I choose to use my dark sheets to avoid any worries :)
Your spray tan will last about 10 days. It will fade quite naturally if you avoid exfoliants and use a regular body moisturizer. If it starts to fade patchy you can use an exfoliating mit or scrub or purchase a tan remover like this one.
Spray perfume on your clothes, rather than directly onto your skin as the alcohols in perfume may effect your tan.
Keep in mind the face will fade first. Face cleansers and moisturizers containing active ingredients exfoliate the skin more often than the rest of your body, so be prepared with a tinted moisturizer on hand to keep your face and body matching!
Book your tan 2 days before your event for full effect!