Your Laser Hair Removal Appointment Confirmation
Please find the info on how to prepare for your appointment below!
***Please keep in mind I have a 24 hour cancellation policy for laser. Cancelling with less than 24 hours notice will result in non-refundable cancellation charge of 100% of the cost of the appointment booked. If you have a package you will lose one session if you do not cancel before the 24 hour timeframe. Cancel before with no penalty.***
MV Beauty Lab is located inside THE BEAUTY ROOM at 1059 Upper James St, Hamilton, ON, L9C 3A6
There is onsite parking in the front and more in the back if it is full.
Phone Number: 289-697-5003
Payment: I accept debit, credit and cash (no tax on cash)
MV Beauty Lab Safety Plan (Includes Covid Guidelines): Click here!
• Carefully shave the treatment area the evening before your laser session. If you do not come shaved, a $25 fee will be charged for each area
• Avoid the sun or tanning booths for 4 to 6 weeks before treatment. If you are going to be treating sun-exposed areas, apply sunblock (at least SPF 15) each morning for one month before treatment.
• Discontinue the use of Retinol or active ingredient skincare for 7 days before your facial laser hair removal appointment.
• No bleaching, plucking, electrolysis, or waxing of hairs in the desired treatment area for six weeks.
• If you have a history of herpes or cold sores, you may need antiviral medication. This medication should be started one day before laser treatment and continued for one week after treatment.
• You may shave as often as desired.
• Arrive at our facility with the treatment area clean and free of makeup (if treating the face).
• There may be redness or swelling around the treated area. This may last for a few hours. The skin will be sensitive and feel similar to a sunburn. Treat the area gently by keeping the skin moist with either Aquaphor Healing Ointment or Aloe Vera Gel. If any blistering or scabbing develops, switch to Bacitracin Ointment and call the office.
• Do not pick, rub, or scratch the area.
• Do not use any irritating substances on the treated area (i.e., RetinA, glycolic acids, alpha-hydroxy acids, hair removal products, etc.) until the skin returns to normal.
• If your face was treated, your skin will be extra-sensitive to heat. Keep away from the oven for 24 hours, and maintain a cool water temperature when taking a shower or bath.
• If the treatment area will be exposed to the sun, apply sunblock (at least SPF 15) after the skin returns to normal. If the treated area seems to darken in color, call our office for bleaching cream.
• If your face was treated, you may resume using makeup when the skin looks and feels back to normal.
• Shedding of the hair follicle may or may not occur after 5 to 7 days.
• The treated area should be ready for the next session in about 4 to 8 weeks.
Below is a copy of the consent form you will sign when you arrive:
• I am aware that there is a specific guideline for laser hair removal at MV BEAUTY LAB INC that I will need to follow as listed below to obtain permanent hair reduction.
• I understand that my therapist recommends a minimum of 8 laser hair removal treatments per area for all patients (regardless of any previous treatments at another facility) for best results.
• I understand that to see optimum results I will need to stay on a consistent schedule as advised by my technician (typically 4 weeks for smaller body parts, or 8 weeks for larger body parts) I am aware that if I do not stay on the schedule my technician recommends, I will not see results.
• I understand that I am not to have any prolonged exposure to the sun or use any form of tanning (including self-tanners, spray tans, and tanning beds) 2 weeks before and/or 2 weeks after each of my scheduled appointments dates. I am aware that failure to avoid sun or tanning can result in adverse reactions such as hyper/hypopigmentation and/or burning of the exposed area(s).
• I understand that I will not be able to have laser hair removal treatments if I have been on an antibiotic or have been taking any medications with a photo/sun-sensitivity within the past 10 days (you will need to be scheduled for 10 days after the last day of taking such medications).
• I am 18 years of age or older, or I am accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will consent for me to have this treatment.
• I acknowledge that the laser is a device that produces an intense but gentle burst of light. With this light, there is a minimal amount of risk. These risks (listed below) are typically associated with prolonged exposure to sunlight or the use of prohibited medication.
I understand that the following are possible risks and complications of this procedure including but not limited to:
• Purpura (red-purple discoloration, bruising)
• Itching (a hive-like response which lasts 2-3 hours to 2-3 days)
• Herpes simplex virus acQvaQon (only if you are already a carrier)
• Burns, blisters, scabbing, crusting, skin color, and /or textural changes
• Hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin; transient or long term)
• Hypopigmentation (lightening of the skin; transient, long term or possibly permanent)
• I understand that anesthesia is usually not necessary. A cryogen cooling device may be used during the procedure to decrease discomfort and protect the skin. A topical numbing cream can be applied for a $25 fee per area.
•I understand that immediately following the laser treatment redness, swelling, discomfort, whelping, bruising, and discoloration may develop at the treatment site. I understand that any discoloration may last 7-14 days and swelling should resolve within several days. Discomfort may be treated with the application of cool compresses or topical soothing agents like aloe.
•I understand I will be given complete instructions regarding after care of the treated area. It is important to follow aftercare instructions carefully to minimize the chance of incomplete healing, skin textural changes or scarring. This includes, but is not limited to, avoiding sun exposure and tanning.
•I have answered all questions about medical history and medications honestly and completely.
•I am not pregnant (female patients).
• I understand I will be given the opportunity to ask questions about the procedure and the procedure will be discussed in detail with me.
•I recognize that the practice of laser hair removal is not an exact science and acknowledge that no guarantees have been made to me concerning the results of such procedures. I have read and understood all informa/on presented to me before signing this consent form.
• Scarring (rare, possibly permanent)
• I understand that my eyes will be covered with laser-specific safety eyewear or an opaque material to protect them from the intense light. My eyes will be closed and I will not attempt to remove the eye protection during treatment.